Friday, January 29, 2010

TBC testimony: Paul Avila

New church member Paul Avila shares how he ended up at Third Baptist Church.

I found out about Third Baptist via a couple of different people in the past but never quite knew where it was. Then one evening, as I was standing in line to see the Phantom of the Opera at the Fox Theater, I glanced across the street and saw the huge neon sign that read "Third Baptist" on the side of the building and I laughed out loud.

People around me probably thought I had lost my mind or something. So after the show I walked over to the building and saw the times posted and then decided that I would go there.

I then remembered who I had talked to in the past and it was Vicki Swyers, so I called her up and she told me about the Food Pantry thingy they do and I went to that. Ever since then I have had a great time praising God and helping out where I can. I love Third Baptist!!

No comments:

Post a Comment